Wednesday, September 01, 2010

Playing Pioneers


 My friends and I wanted to know what it was like to live without modern resources . . . .

We dressed like them, we ate like them, we talked like them, we cooked like them and we even acted like them. And who did we do it all like?  1 simple question 1 simple answer.

My friend Carolyne took this picture
 PIONEERS we lived like them.

Expect for the house which was a cave, we lived like them.

When my friends Amy, Carolyne and I went to the beach, we set up a pioneer camp. While we were there we saw crabs, seagulls, and pelicans. And then it started to rain and waves came crashing down on the rocky shore. But we cleaned and cooked through the violent thunder storm.  And I would do it again.
yumm... potato leek soup

  Here we are cooking a meal.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a great idea. It sure makes us appreciate how easy things are to do in our times. Even on your boat you have so many conveniences that the pioneers didn't have. Cool!
Auntie L.